Toto is considered one of the more — if not the most — reputable companies when it comes to purchasing a toilet. Along with producing durable, quality commodes, Toto’s passion for experience allows a toilet to be so much more than a necessity for any home or business.
In A Rush? Get this one!
Make sure to come back later (whenever you’re ready) and review my other recommendations if you don’t need to go purchase a toilet ASAP.
With Toto, using the toilet can be almost equivalent to a spa visit. Several models come equipped with things like:
- Washlets (a bidet-type, hygienic system that shoots warm water up from beneath to ensure that you are completely cleansed after using the toilet)
- Seat warmers
- Remote control technology
- Automatic flush and seat-opening/closing technology
In 2015, the Washington Post detailed how Japan’s obsession with toilets bore “some of the world’s best bathrooms,” so it comes as no surprise that Toto’s story is one that began in Japan nearly a century ago.
Toto’s products reflect their philosophy and standards, which value the use of innovation and technology, cleanliness, and a dedication to protecting the environment to ensure that your bathroom needs aren’t simply fulfilled — but that a bathroom can provide a place of refuge, rejuvenation and luxury.
Toto has a plethora of toilets available and they are constantly working to make newer and even better models for purchase.
I handpicked the best of the best when it comes to the Toto brand, based on which models would best appeal to a variety of different needs. Best models are categorized by the following common toilet types:
- Wall-hung: Toilets that float above the floor where only the bowl is visible and the tank is hidden behind the wall
- Dual flushing: Allows you to choose between two different flush strengths
- One-piece: There are no seams — the tank and bowl are fixed together in one piece
- Two-piece: The bowl and the tank are separate
- Washlet: Toto’s patented bidet-like self-cleaning spout
- Commercial: Toilets use in commercial spaces like businesses, lobbies or offices
So pull up a seat (pun intended) and take a look at the best Toto toilet reviews.
Best Toto Toilet For Any Purpose and Budget
Top 7 Best Toto Toilet Reviews For 2020
There’s a bevy of features that make this the best flushing toilet you could ask for. One thing that makes this model truly stand out is TOTO’s Double Cyclone technology. This technology ensures a powerful flush that thoroughly cleans and empties the bowl each time. And despite its strength, the flush is quiet enough that no one in your house will be disturbed, regardless of their location.
- The 1.28 GPF ensures that you get a great flush while also conserving water
- This features a 12-inch elongated seat that provides comfort for all individuals
- SanaGloss barrier keeps the surface shiny and smooth, and prevents you from having to manually clean the toilet as often as you would with comparable models
- WaterSense certified
- ADA compliant
- Weight: 99 lbs
- Dimensions: 35 x 33 x 23 inches
- Finish: Chrome
The TOTO MH Wall Hung D Shape Bowl has Dual-Flush 1.28 with CEFIONTECT. The toilet is designed for style and performance. Since the toilet is hung on the wall, it takes up less space, concealing the trapway. This intuitive design enhances the look of your bathroom.
You can now maintain the bathroom's hygiene—no need to struggle to clean around the nooks and corners of the toilet. You can also, with much ease, wash the floor below the toilet to keep away dirt. It has a Tornado Flush System with powerful nozzles that create a cyclonic rinse pushing away all the waste with much ease. The CEFIONTECT has a glaze finish that doesn't allow any residue to stay behind.
Combining the Tornado Flush and CEFIONTECT helps you save up on a lot of time and resources. You no longer have to use harmful chemicals to keep your toilet clean. This toilet works well with the TOTO DuoFit In-Wall Tank System. You need to purchase the seat for the toilet bowl separately.
- Weight: 66.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 21 x 14.2 x 15 inches
One of the main appeals of a one-piece toilet over a two-piece toilet is maintenance and installation. Because there is only one piece, it can be much easier and even less expensive to have this type of toilet installed. And when it comes to the best one piece from Toto — or probably any company — you can’t beat the Neorest.
If the price tag made you stagger, don’t worry — there are plenty of lower priced one-piece toilets available from Toto. But the Neorest has earned the title of best one-piece because it basically comes equipped with everything you could ever dream of having in a toilet.
- Hands-free automatic flush
- VERY high-efficiency with 1.0 or 0.8 GPF depending on your needs
- Seat warmer with temperature control
- Gentle, aerated spray with oscillating and pulsating features
- Automatically senses the size of flush required
- Hands-free flush system
- Sleek, stylish and sophisticated
- Automatic deodorizer
- Night light
- Elongated bowl with SoftClose seat ensures optimal comfort
- Electrolyzed water technology breaks down bacteria
- ADA compliant
If you have a compact space that needs to be accommodated by a smaller toilet, a 10-inch rough-in may be the way to go. The following model from Toto accommodates the needs of those looking for a 10-inch rough-in toilet while also offering a variety of great features.
- Conserve water a get a powerful flush with a 1.6 GPF
- It can fit into tight spaces but also has an elongated bowl and universal height, so that every individual will be comfortable when using this model
- A chrome trip lever adds to the already amazing aesthetic appeal
- G-Max flushing system does an excellent job of cleaning the bowl
- Complements any decor
- Weight: 48 lbs
- Dimensions: 29 x 15 x 17.2 inches
Two-piece toilets have an advantage over one-piece toilets in that they are easier to transport and carry up stairs, since the weight is divided between two pieces. The drawback is that cleaning can be more difficult since you need to scrub between crevices, where grime and bacteria can build up.
Fortunately, this model comes equipped with Toto’s signature Sanigloss finish that makes cleaning easier and prevents the buildup of mold and microbes.
- Comes equipped with a trap that prevents clogs
- Quiet, powerful, commercial-grade flushing performance
- Fast Flush included — a 125% LARGER flush valve than the standard flush valve (the Drake’s is three inches, while the standard size is two inches)
- 1.6 GPF helps you to conserve water, which helps protect the environment while also reducing your bills
- Durability means that you can look forward to using this toilet for years to come
- A contemporary design and lovely aesthetic ensure that this model will complement any bathroom decor
- Complements any type of decor
- Sanigloss ion barrier ensures that you are left with a sparkling clean bowl after each and every use
- Simple yet extremely aesthetic appealing in a way that will appeal to all tastes — including those of your guests
- Easy to install and even easier to use
- Elongated seat may cause some issues if you are installing in very cramped quarter that need as much leg room left open as possible
- More maintenance required when it comes to cleaning than with one of Toto’s one-piece models
- Weight: 103 lbs
- Dimensions: 28 x 19.5 x 28.5 inches
The TOTO elongated wall-mounted flushometer toilet is a premium, high quality product. It is extremely durable. It is supposed to be used with 1.0 flushometer valves. It has a powerful siphon type jet flush to flush out the waste efficiently and effectively. It uses the TOTO eco power valve for flushing that gives optimal performance. It is ADA compliant.
The elongated bowl wall-mounted flushometer toilet demonstrates the quality of water conservation to a great measure. Engineered for excellent performance, the TOTO eco power flush valve featured in the toilet offers better performance while also saving water. It is WaterSense certified. It can be fitted in ADA compliant areas. The toilet includes a bowl having a top spud and bolt caps. The flush valve must be purchased separately.
The wall-mounted flushometer toilet has dimensions; 24.88 inches in height x 15.75 inches in width x 12.75 inches in depth. It weighs around 49 pounds. It needs a corded electric power source. The elongated design that this toilet has makes it easy to use and very comfortable. This design also saves space at the same time. The included components in this product is the toilet bowl. It comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- Weight: 49 lbs
- Dimensions: 17.2 x 16 x 26 inches
A washlet is something that can make a toilet go from necessity to luxury. Washlets are also exclusive to Toto brand toilets, which is one of a plethora of things that make them head honcho when it comes to the business of bathrooms.
A washlet is a self-cleaning wand that delivers warm water from underneath. We talk a lot about a good flushing system being essential to ensuring you have a clean bowel; a washlet ensures you leave the bathroom feeling completely clean as well.
- Dual flush toilet that allows you to choose between 1.28 GPF and 0.9 GPF
- Meets all the requirements of ADA compliance
- WaterSense certified
- Equipped with Toto’s 3D Tornado Flush system. This system uses two nozzles to use a minimal amount of water while also delivering a powerful flush that keeps your bowl completely clean.
- Lid automatically opens and closes
- Automatic flush
- Made from vitreous china, which prevents buildup and inhibits the growth of bacteria
- Remote control operation and memory for two-users; illuminated touchpad
- Awesome technological features
- Easy to use and clean
- Built to last
- ADA compliant
- Installation can be tricky
- Weight: 24.6 lbs
- Dimensions: 28.5 x 11.8 x 25.2 inches
- Shape: Elongated
I was debating whether or not to give the coveted “Best Overall” title to the Ultramax II or the Drake.
In the end, the UltraMax II won out, simply because it is above and beyond one of the best — if not the best — toilet that is available on the market today. With innovative technologies, a gorgeous aesthetic, durability and cleanliness, the UltraMax II simply can’t be beat.
Although the UltraMax II t is very, VERY expensive, there are some perks when it comes to the price:
- Never needing to worry about turning a bathroom fan on
- Using less toilet paper — or not using toilet paper at all thanks to the washlet and dryer!
- A truly luxurious and comfortable experience
That’s what I consider Toto’s absolute best.
Fortunately, you really can’t go wrong with a Toto. So whatever you choose, simply make sure it fits your needs and budget. Toto boasts a broad menu of toilets, and that menu continues to grow, so there’s definitely one that will be the perfect fit for you, your home and your family.
- Top 7 Best Toto Toilet Reviews For 2020
- 1. TOTO UltraMax II One-Piece Elongated Toilet
- 2. TOTO CT437FG#01 MH Wall Hung D Shape Bowl Toilet
- 3. TOTO Neorest Dual Flush Toilet
- 4. TOTO Drake Two-Piece Toilet
- 5. TOTO Drake Toilet Elongated Bowl and Tank
- 6. TOTO Wall-Mounted Flushometer Toilet Review
- 7. Toto MS970CEMFG#01 Washlet with Integrated Toilet
- Final Verdict